About the product
The All Up Head Intubate DUO White positioning cushion is a single-patient cushion that ensures effective and even pressure distribution for supine users. The cushion relieves the forehead and chin when the user is lying in prone position (on the stomach). The cushion can be used by anyone at risk of developing pressure ulcers, including people who are unconscious or comatose.
Prone position is recommended to improve oxygen management in intubated people in intensive care units, but also for awake people with high oxygen demand in acute care and pulmonary wards*.
The cushion is used for the prevention of pressure ulcers and the relief of pressure ulcers.
All Up Head Intubate DUO White is inflatable and covered with nonwoven felt, which is a skin-friendly material that is moisture-absorbing, heat-transporting, soft and comfortable.
The All Up Head Intubate DUO White is not inflated on delivery, but is quick and simple to put into use.
- The cushion is unfolded and the pump/blowpipe is inserted into the self-closing valve.
- The cushion is pumped up until the enclosing ‘stop up’ paper band bursts and the pump/blowpipe is removed.
- The cushion is now ready for use.
- The user is helped into the desired position and the positioning cushion is placed under the user’s head.
- The cushion can be inflated again if it loses air. If pumped too hard, the supplied adapter can be used to adjust the air pressure.
- The positioning cushion can be used by the same patient for 6-8 weeks
*Ehrmann, S. et al, 2021. Awake prone positioning for COVID-19 acute hypoxaemic respiratory failure: a randomised, controlled, multinational, open-label meta-trial. Lancet Respir Med 9, 1387-1395. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-2600(21)00356-8
Lange, P., 2021. Bugleje til vågne patienter med svær COVID- 19-pneumoni. Ugeskrift For Læger 2022.
|Size (cm)||32 x 30 x 18|
|Packing||12 pieces, clean|
|Max user weight||150 kg|