About the product
Seat All Flexi is a single-patient pressure-relieving seat cushion for people using a fecal catheter. The cushion provides relief for the anus (rectal opening) and accommodates the catheter tube to prevent kinking or pinching and to relieve pressure from the catheter tube.
For people who use faecal bags, it is recommended to use Seat All Flexi to achieve the most optimal pressure relief. Here it is important to make sure that the faecal bag is placed in the hole of the cushion and that the area around the rectal opening, where the plate of the faecal bag is placed, is free of both the cushion and the pad.
Seat All Flexi also relieves pressure on the lumbar vertebrae and sacrum. The seat cushion ensures effective and even pressure distribution when used in a wheelchair, for example, or as a base in an ordinary chair. The seat cushion fits a standard size wheelchair (52 x 42 cm).
The cushion is used for the prevention of pressure ulcers and the relief of pressure ulcers up to category 2.
The Seat All Flexi seat cushion is not inflated on delivery, but is quick and simple to put into use.
- The seat cushion is unfolded and the pump/blowpipe tube is inserted into the self-closing valve.
- The seat cushion is inflated until the enclosing ‘stop up’ paper tape bursts and the pump/blowpipe tube is removed.
- The cushion is now ready for use.
- The user is placed on the seat cushion.
- It is checked that the user is lifted about 1½ finger width above the ground. Remember to check this once a day afterwards.
- The cushion can be inflated again if it loses air. If pumped too hard, the supplied adapter can be used to adjust the air pressure.
- The cushion can be used by the same patient for 6-8 weeks.
|Size (cm)||52 x 42 x 5|
|Packing||8 pieces, clean|
|Max user weight||150 kg|